GETTING STARTED WITH THE STORY NINJA PROGRAM
Get ready to bring bestselling author Sigmund Brouwer into your classroom with 21 Story Ninja videos. He will rock your classroom and turn your students into Story Ninjas who are enthusiastic about writing, reading and most importantly…STORY!
The Story Ninja program is set up for you to move at your own pace—you may choose to do two or three lessons per week, or you might stretch it out by doing one lesson per week. The lesson plan for each Story Ninja Move introduces a specific concept to share with your students, and each video includes pauses to facilitate and shape discussions to bring in your own curriculum concepts. And, if it fits your schedule, each lesson includes a fun follow-up activity for your students.
The Story Ninja program is also available for homeschoolers or individuals. Learn more here.
YOUR STORY NINJA KIT
Your Story Ninja Kit includes:
- a classroom set of My Story Ninja Folders
- a special edition copy of an Orca Echoes chapter book for each student in your class to keep
- a Teacher Folder with follow-along lesson plans, video cues and student assessment rubrics
- access 21 exclusive instructional videos featuring Sigmund Brouwer on this website. (You will receive an email when your access is ready, typically within 24 hours of sign-up.) You’ll also have access to PDF downloads from other books by Sigmund to use in specific lessons.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- a projector or large screen to share the Story Ninja videos with your students
- a way to play music in your classroom
At Orca, a real, live person always answers the phone. Give us a call at 1-800-210-5277 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.